Wednesday 31 January 2018

Emirates Business Class - Dubai to Sydney (EK 414) - Airbus A380-800

In this trip report, we look at an Emirates Business Class flight from Dubai International Airport to Sydney Kingsford-Smith Airport on an Airbus A380-800.

The video starts off with me disembarking EK 90, which arrives from Geneva 2.5 hours late. Due to the late arrival, I need to head straight to the gate for boarding and thus don’t have the opportunity to visit the Emirates Business Class lounge in Dubai. Upon arriving at the gate, I find EK 414 already in the midst of boarding. I use the priority-boarding lane, then take a lift up a level to board the A380 upper deck using a separate jetway.

The Emirates A380 upper deck houses the First and Business Class cabins. On this flight, I'm seated in the larger of the 2 Business Class cabins. The cabin is arranged in an industry-standard 1-2-1 configuration. Before the flight takes off, I have a detailed look at the lie-flat seat which I found quite private, spacious and comfortable. The seat has plenty of storage space, a sizeable side-table and a small mini-bar.

On the 13 hour flight, I'm served 3 meals - breakfast (served after take-off), a light snack (served mid-flight) and lunch (served 1.5 hours prior to landing). The meals are served with Robert Welch cutlery on Royal Doulton fine china. There's a Business Class bar & lounge found at the rear of the upper deck. The bar features a flight attendant who can mix up a variety of alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks. There's also a platter of finger foods, and plenty of seats to catch up with your fellow travellers. On this flight, I also review the IFE system, amenity kit, on-board WiFi (which is free!) and the comfortable lie-flat bed (where I get plenty of good quality sleep).

The arrival into Sydney is a bit bumpy due to the stormy weather in the region. After touch-down, I collect my priority-tagged baggage before I meet up with my chauffeur driver (provided complimentary to Business Class guests) who sends me home in a luxurious Audi SUV.

_________________________________________________________________

Music:

How to wash an A380 without water | World Environment Day | Emirates Airline

By lands one-off A380 at Warsaw Chopin Airport | Emirates Airline

By making of Emirates' 50th Airbus A380 | Timelapse | Emirates Airline

By Emirates Airlines Boarding Music (Exclusive)

By Ration Handling Service | Emirates Airline

By - Boarding Song (Full)

By SkyCargo Trucking Operations | Emirates SkyCargo

By Clubs, Seven Take-Offs | Football | Emirates Airline

By

No comments:

Post a Comment